There are two types of people in this world... those who love to work out and those who don't. And somehow I fall into both of those categories depending on the day, haha! I actually really love working out and always feel so much better when I do, but when it isn't a part of my daily routine or something I have been consistent with, it is hard for me to get back in the swing of things. I have a feeling I may not be the only one who feels this way, so I wanted to share with you guys 5 tips that I use to get motivated when I ((often)) find myself on struggle street...
- LOVE WHAT YOU'RE WEARING! I've said this before, but one thing that really motivates me is having awesome active wear! There is nothing like wearing a new outfit that makes you feel like a million bucks, and that feeling remains true for me when it comes to active wear too! This fun look I am wearing is from a brand that I have recently been introduced to called Pheel. They have such cute styles with vibrant colors and fun designs. If nothing else motivates you, owning one of their spunky leggings might do just the trick! ;)
- TRY A NEW CLASS! Working out in a class setting is probably my favorite way to work out! I feel so much more motivated by having an instructor, and also working out in a group setting helps to make me do my best and not slack off! Switching up my classes from time to time keeps things interesting and allows me to try new exercises that I wasn't familiar with before. ((Read all about my recent experience with rowing here!))
- START SMALL! Sometimes the task of working out can seem so daunting... If you're anything like me, your day might be slammed from start to finish and you literally feel like there is no time to squeeze in hitting up the gym. In this case, try working out from home! On days like these, I usually turn to YouTube for anything from a 30 minute, 10 minute, or even a 5 minute work out. My go-to is anything and everything Tracy Anderson! She is basically my hero... <3
- PRAISE BREAK! If you've worked out 3-5 days this week, give yourself some credit...aka TREAT YO SELF! ;) Enjoy a desert, stay in and watch a movie, and just be proud of yourself for sticking with it. I find that when I take the time to acknowledge my consistency and give myself a little pat on the back, I tend to feel more motivated to do the same or better the following week!
- HAVE FUN! Yes, working out is very important...but make sure you are having fun while doing it! Download your favorite songs and put together a fun playlist, drag a friend along to try out your new favorite work out class, and for the love, whatever you do, just don't take yourself too seriously!
I hope these tips will help to motivate you guys to stay active! If you have any other tips that work well for you, I'd love for you to share them in the comment section below!!